Deanna was among the presenters in this week’s Podcast Palooza. She enthusiastically broke down her favorite points from, Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis — a #1 New York times best-selling author. Rachel, known as the Tony Robbins of women, discusses being a better you. Our team was moved by the inspirational content, so we thought we would share Deanna’s key takeaways from her reading with you!
Start Doing These
- Doing whatever you want to achieve by doing it ever day for 30 days- it takes 21 days to become a habit.
- Being committed to yourself.
- Working for joy.
- You can’t take care of others if you’re not taking care of yourself.
- You lived through tougher things.
- Surround yourself with Non-judgmental people.
- You never know what someone else is going through so don’t judge them.
- A lot of times you judge people because you’re insecure.
Stop this Right Now
- Thinking “I’m not good enough”- You ARE good enough!
- Being a workaholic and stressing yourself out.
- Giving up on yourself.
- Negative self-talk.
- Thinking no one will ever care about your dreams as much as you do.
- Comparing yourself to others – especially celebrities!
- Giving up before you even started.
- Breaking promises to yourself.
Girl Wash Your Face is a great listen (or read!) and will teach you that you’re not the only one who goes through ups and down in life, but don’t ever give up on yourself. You CAN reach your goals if you believe in yourself!
One of the cornerstones of our philosophy here at AM Strategies is emotionally connecting with people. We hope you enjoyed these little reminders! If you are looking for new ways to connect to YOUR audience – hit us up and let us give you a free consultation! Content marketing is constantly changing and evolving – let us keep you up to date with the right message to resonate with your people.
At AMS, we have a weekly tradition: Podcast Palooza. Once a week, we all gather in our conference room and listen to a few of our colleagues present on podcast episodes. They share their reactions and takeaways from their podcast of choice and offer ideas on how it can be applied to our clients and our own company. It’s a small part of the week, but one that consolidates our internal brand as a company that participates in wider conversations, and that listens to the ideas of its employees.
We are always on the lookout for innovative, charismatic thinkers, so send your podcast recommendations our way!