Running one of the largest Spanish language TV stations in the country, Margarita represents the 16 percent of TV station managers that are women. This media maven sits at the helm of a company that includes six broadcast channels in San Diego and Tijuana, including the two most recognized Spanish language stations in the region. Margarita oversees Univision, Telemundo, Telefutura, My TV, and MundoFox.
Find out how she caught the broadcasting bug as a young intern, hired to translate copy at Entravision in 1991 in El Paso, and how years later she has risen to a leadership position in Hispanic Media. We work with Margarita and her stations to market and advertise our clients’ brands to the Spanish speaking communities in San Diego.
Margarita Wilder SVP & General Manager at Entravision Communications
Lessons you will learn from this podcast:
- How to hustle and identify your opportunity in every position
- Finding the confidence to delegate and let managers manage
- Understanding the Hispanic market and its intricacies
- Earning trust & proving yourself in a male-dominated industry
- The challenge of managing a new team and replacing a popular leader
- Technologies effect on Spanish media and the innovation of POP UP News
- How leaders can disconnect and find time for personal space
- The reality of a Mexican/ American border town economy
- How to resist the temptation to over commit